Australian Salmon Dance

This morning at work they called me to ask me to go to one of the offices. There was a group of people huddled around the computer watching this video entitled the Salmon Dance
 One of the performers from this “Contemporary Dance” works on my floor. When I watched this video, I admit that some of the first images that sprang to mind were the dances performed at school graduations, Marty the landlord from The Big  Lebowski and in the Monty Python Fish Slapping Dance. I didn’t know whether to laugh or cry. But what do I know?
I don’t want to say more about the video. I’ll let you make your own minds. The song is by the Chemical Brothers.  There’s more to follow in my comments below.


THe Salmon Dance from danni dance on Vimeo.

Mudo’s comments
It’s from a festival that different groups from Melbourne Contemporary Dance perform in. The “Salmon” who works with me has been absent from work for the last few days in order to put the finishing touches on the performance just as he should be doing. He asked me if I wanted to sign up for one of these classes. Every 3 months they do a performance like this.
I asked him if they were going to be new performances but the answer was so long that … I didn’t really take the answer in.